Zoneminder cannot add any cameras

crazyracer98

Cadet
Recently I tried to install the Zoneminder plugin on my FreeNAS 11.2 RC2 machine, but I ran into the following error:
SQL-ERR 'SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1366 Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'V4LMultiBuffer' at row 1', statement was 'insert into Monitors set LinkedMonitors = '', [...]

After a bit of research I found the following post in the Zoneminder forums:
https://forums.zoneminder.com/viewtopic.php?t=24609#p94162

So I changed the following line in "/usr/local/my.cnf" from
sql_mode=NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION,STRICT_TRANS_TABLES
to
sql_mode=NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION
and now I can add cameras!

RolandM

Cadet
Hi, I'm new to FreeNas but have used Zineminder on Rockstor before without any problems. I've installed FreeNAS 11.2 stable just now incl. Zoneminder.

I'm getting to the GUI of Zoneminder itself, BUT if I hit the "ADD" button nothing happens - no window pops-up in order to configure your cam (IP, User, PW,...) - can someone help me?

I've also looked up for the above mentioned "my.cnf" file which is not stored under /usr/local/?

Thanks

Attachments

• ZM.png
    ZM.png
    16 KB · Views: 671

keithg

Explorer
Could not get the plugin to allow me to add a camera. Even after editing the my.cnf file.
Made a standard jail and am installing MotionEye. Will see how it goes.

keithg

Explorer
That worked for me up to the point that I cannot view any recorded events. I have set up my 2 cameras and everything looks fine. Even the logs do not report any significant issues. I set up the plugin with the /var/db/zoneminder pointing to another volume. I copied the folders to that volume and restarted the plugin. The ownership looks OK:
Code:
root@NAS:/mnt/first_NAS/Motion # ls -al
total 11298
drwxrwxrwx   4 nobody  nobody   4 Dec 25 14:09 .
drwxrwxrwx  13 nobody  nobody  13 Dec 24 14:55 ..
drwxr-xr-x   4 www     www      6 Dec 25 13:59 events
drwxr-xr-x   2 www     www      2 Dec 24 12:16 images

This is the contents of a folder:
Code:
root@NAS:/mnt/first_NAS/Motion/events/1/2018-12-26/169 # ls -al
total 34
drwxr-xr-x   2 www  www      4 Dec 26 06:49 .
drwxr-xr-x  15 www  www     15 Dec 26 20:36 ..
-rw-r--r--   1 www  www    632 Dec 26 06:49 169-video.mp4
-rw-r--r--   1 www  www  14867 Dec 26 06:49 snapshot.jpg

Now, though, I have a problem. If I select an event in the main page, I get a black image with a "The video could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported." notification. Any hints, here? I've looked around on the ZM site and have not found a solution that fixes it for me. This appears to be a new plugin and is 'up to date' with the current ZM code base. I have tried changing the permissiond to 777 for the files in teh folder and still nothing.

Any help appreciated.

Last edited:

tanik1

Contributor
I just installed the new freenas build and tried to install zoneminer plugins and is getting the same error when I click on add nothing happens.

N8_TheGreat

Dabbler
I am also having this issue and would be interested in a fix if anyone has found one.

Hawkevilcat

Cadet
Here is a reason why if someone can look into it. It is not just that the add camera button does not work. The entire layout of the page is not right.
In this attachment you can see that there are multiple errors from javascript files.
View attachment 27462
Digging a little deeper by viewing one of these javascript files then you will see that the file is not a javascript file, but an html file.
View attachment 27461
I have been hoping for this plugin to come for a long time now and I would really like to get this working,

AxAn

Cadet
That's the same thing I found. I reported the bug, and somewhat of a fix, here: https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/66187

Here is a reason why if someone can look into it. It is not just that the add camera button does not work. The entire layout of the page is not right.
In this attachment you can see that there are multiple errors from javascript files.
View attachment 27462
Digging a little deeper by viewing one of these javascript files then you will see that the file is not a javascript file, but an html file.
View attachment 27461
I have been hoping for this plugin to come for a long time now and I would really like to get this working,

joster

Cadet
I have tested the latest ZM plugin and now cameras can be added but I have another ZM problem. There is no video recorded. I have attached a logfile if someone please could come up with any suggestions what might be wrong.

/Johan

Attachments

• zm-log.txt
    29.4 KB · Views: 673

carlos juan

Dabbler
I have tested the latest ZM plugin and now cameras can be added but I have another ZM problem. There is no video recorded. I have attached a logfile if someone please could come up with any suggestions what might be wrong.

/Johan

Hey! did you sort that out? I would love to have ZM working on my freenas!

I hope you found a solution.