ZFS Volume taking hours to create

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimBean

Dabbler
Hi, this is my first FreeNAS build/installation and I am having problems with the ZFS Volume Manager.

I have 6 2TB Seagate NAS drives and I intend to put them into a striped-mirrored array. I went to the ZFS Volume manager and attempted to create a 2-way mirror ZFS volume (the first of 3). However it has now been >14 hours and it is still showing the loading screen for ZFS Volume Manager. The documentation said this process could "take a while" but 14 hours seems quite long. I didn't encrypt this volume.

Is it normal for ZFS Volumes to take this long to create? If not, what would cause such a problem and how would I cancel/abort the ZFS volume?

My Specs:
-FreeNAS 9.2.1
-6 2TB Seagate NAS HDDs
-Intel Xeon E3 1230v3
-32GB Kingston unbuffered ECC RAM
-SuperMicro X10SL7-F

indy

Patron
I have a pretty similar configuration to yours and I noticed the interface got stuck alot for some reason.
The intended operation seemingly went through normally.
Not sure what is/was causing it though.

Anyway 14hours is too long if no wipe is performed.
Should be more like 1 minute.

JimBean

Dabbler
I have a pretty similar configuration to yours and I noticed the interface got stuck alot for some reason.
The intended operation seemingly went through normally.
Not sure what is/was causing it though.

Anyway 14hours is too long if no wipe is performed.
Should be more like 1 minute.

Oh okay, I will exit out of the interface and check if the volume has been created. Thanks.

EDIT: Yes you are right, the volume was actually created despite the interface still showing the loading screen. Thanks!

D

dlavigne

If this is version 9.2.1, please create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

Status
Not open for further replies.