ZFS Raid1z Disk Replace

Status
Not open for further replies.

egrimisu

Dabbler
Hi again,
back with news, ba news...

So the PCB swap did not work unless i have swapped the ROM also, after the ROM swap the drive started finely but had the same issues it seems that in fact the disk was broken and not the PCB.

Now this leaves me with raid1z with 1 drive failed completely and with one on the verge to fail aswell.

What do do?
1. Shall i power up the server and wait for the resilver to finish with only 4 drives in the array and after it completes if it complete add the fifth new one?
2. Add the fifth disk, wait for resilver to complete
3. Backup as much data as I can on external drives and after add the new drive ( resilver might autostart, shall i cancel it or not)?
4. Backup important data and after add the new drive ( resilver might autostart, shall i cancel it or not)?

So the question is, what to do next to be as safe as possible?

mjws00

Guru
I'd probably try and get as much critical data off as I could. Before trying to resilver. Gives you a little control over stressing the pool. Unfortunately you bailed out of a parital resilver due to errors, so not sure how that is going to affect things.

Still a rough spot. At some point you'll have no choice but to grit your teeth and hope for the best. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.