Yet another invisible NVME drive during installation issue

wanders78746

Cadet
Motherboard: Gigabyte B150N-GSM model F1 (BIOS vintage 2015)
NVME drive: 128GB M2 NVME drive (model CL1-3D128-Q11, generic)

Situation: An identical-to-the-above NVME drive was failing on my TrueNAS Core system. I replaced with a (formatted and partitioned) NVME drive and I'm trying to install TrueNAS Core 13.0-U6.1 from a USB drive. I boot to the drive and the installer sees my pool HDs and the USB drive that I booted from, but does not see the NVME drive. I've gone into the BIOS and removed all boot options except the USB drive. The BIOS sees the NVME drive, no problem, but the installer does not.

Do I need to remove the partitions on the NVME drive? If so, can I do this from the installer system? I really would rather not have to extract my NVME drive, as it mounts under the motherboard (thanks, Gigabyte) and is a PITA to get to.

What am I doing wrong?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Yet another? First time I've heard of such a thing.

What happens if you boot a FreeBSD live USB? Or a Linux live USB?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Also, any weird NVMe settings in the system firmware setup menu? By weird, I mean "almost any setting".

wanders78746

Cadet
I finally gave up and mounted the NVME drive on a USB adapter. The installer could see it just fine there. I installed from another USB stick and all is good. BIOS issue? Who knows...