Windows Share disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterpele

Dabbler
I have 2 FreeNAS servers in my network. One day, my oldest one windows share while there, all the Folders and files have gone missing, but I do know that it is still on the drive. As I can see looking at storage of my 6TB, I have 2.4TB available. The other one works fine. I didn't do anything new on the old one besides just have it off for 3 weeks because I was redoing the area for the servers.
When I see the folder and log into it, nothing comes up. I can put things on it, but trying not to because as stated above, I know my old stuff is there.

I am using this build FreeNAS-9.10.2-U5 (561f0d7a1) (plan up upgrading when I get this problem resolved).
I have 8 gigs RAM and a AMD FX-8320E processor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

Anything in /var/log/messages after you try to connect to the share?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Output of zfs list?

misterpele

Dabbler
Output of zfs list?
Output of zfs list?
upload_2018-1-25_13-39-45.png

I know I need to replace a hard drive, but that shouldn't be a problem..

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
View attachment 22521

I know I need to replace a hard drive, but that shouldn't be a problem..
umm try following directions again, zfs list output please? And why do you have a disk that is failed? That needs immediate action, you shouldn't even let it get as far as fully failing like this.

misterpele

Dabbler
umm try following directions again, zfs list output please? And why do you have a disk that is failed? That needs immediate action, you shouldn't even let it get as far as fully failing like this.

The drive has nothing to with the problem (the problem occurred before this). I will fix it later. It is able to go with 2 failed hard drives. I am trying to fix the other problem, then I will insert new hard drive and repool it.

And isn't that what was screenshotted? If not please tell me what else I need to do for you to get it.

My network sees the Windows share CB, but when logging into it, there are no directories (should be about 5 with 2-3 TB of data)

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
The drive has nothing to with the problem (the problem occurred before this). I will fix it later. It is able to go with 2 failed hard drives. I am trying to fix the other problem, then I will insert new hard drive and repool it.

And isn't that what was screenshotted? If not please tell me what else I need to do for you to get it.

My network sees the Windows share CB, but when logging into it, there are no directories (should be about 5 with 2-3 TB of data)
you typed the letters 'zpool status', I asked for the letters 'zfs list'. Can you see the difference? maybe just copy past the text into the terminal window.

misterpele

Dabbler
you typed the letters 'zpool status', I asked for the letters 'zfs list'. Can you see the difference? maybe just copy past the text into the terminal window.
well I guess it would help if i actually did what you asked. Here it is...
Screenshot (4).png

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Perfect, now the answer is easy. You have mounted a dataset over a directory. All your data is in a directory and you created a dataset with the same name and path. I think if you umount /mnt/CB/CB_Share your data will appear. You should then delete that dataset if it's empty.

misterpele

Dabbler
Perfect, now the answer is easy. You have mounted a dataset over a directory. All your data is in a directory and you created a dataset with the same name and path. I think if you umount /mnt/CB/CB_Share your data will appear. You should then delete that dataset if it's empty.

Solved. Thank you. I had to make one other quick renaming change, but what you suggested is the reason it is solved.

Now time to replace that hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.