Cannot access SMB Share from Brother MFC

whann0205

Cadet
Version: 11.3 U5
Environment: Windows Server 2016 Domain Controller
FreeNAS running in a Vm Hosted by a HyperV Server 2019.

Problem is that i cannot access Shares from within the scan to share funtionality of my
new brother mfc J6955DW. All Windows Computer can access the shares and i
am working with them. I have also created a special user for this occasion.
If i logon from a windows computer i can see the share in question and can read and write.
That share worked before with an old hp 8600 officejet, although i had to enable SMB V1
for that matter. I simply dont get it, whats wrong here.
I can access the shares from the mfc when the share is located on an windows server
(regardless which one).
Whats the difference between a share from freenas and the windows one?.
The freenas Server is connected to the active directory and i wrote above from
my clients all is working as expected. I have not tried to access the shares through a linux
or freebsd though.
Any ideas?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Version: 11.3 U5
Environment: Windows Server 2016 Domain Controller
FreeNAS running in a Vm Hosted by a HyperV Server 2019.

Problem is that i cannot access Shares from within the scan to share funtionality of my
new brother mfc J6955DW. All Windows Computer can access the shares and i
am working with them. I have also created a special user for this occasion.
If i logon from a windows computer i can see the share in question and can read and write.
That share worked before with an old hp 8600 officejet, although i had to enable SMB V1
for that matter. I simply dont get it, whats wrong here.
I can access the shares from the mfc when the share is located on an windows server
(regardless which one).
Whats the difference between a share from freenas and the windows one?.
The freenas Server is connected to the active directory and i wrote above from
my clients all is working as expected. I have not tried to access the shares through a linux
or freebsd though.
Any ideas?
TrueNAS 11.3 is EOL just FYI. Some poorly designed embedded devices require NTLMv1 for authentication. You might want to check that.

whann0205

Cadet
Thank you. That worked! Its unbelievable that a mfc which costs > 500 euros has a "poor" implementation of something but it does.
I am in the process of migrating the backup system and when this will be finish i try again to migrate to truenas 13
after i make a backup of course :smile:

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Thank you. That worked! Its unbelievable that a mfc which costs > 500 euros has a "poor" implementation of something but it does.
I am in the process of migrating the backup system and when this will be finish i try again to migrate to truenas 13
after i make a backup of course :smile:
It's unfortunately typical for embedded devices manufacturers. Quite sad really because libsmb2 is free, open, and extremely compact. https://github.com/sahlberg/libsmb2