Windows Directory Missing after 11.3 Upgrade

JMoff

Dabbler
I upgraded to 11.3 a few months ago. After the upgrade My older existing transmission jail directory's from the older version could be viewed and accessed as a windows directory with no issues. My downloaded transmission files folder with all my movies is in this directory. Now when I go to access this directory I can view the folder directory but cannot access the files. After a couple of attempts to re-open the directory via windows the directory shows it's empty with no movies.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
That sounds a lot like a permissions issue... from the server, can you look at that directory and ls -l and also getfacl ./ ?

JMoff

Dabbler
I should have mentioned that I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to command lines in Freenas. I'm a Windows guy who installed the system with a lot of Youtube help. I only scratch the surface when it comes to understanding how Freenas works.

I'd be happy to supply as much information as requested but I would probably have to be walked thru it.

And on that note I really appreciate your help

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Let's start from the "Shell" page in the GUI then...

cd /mnt/PoolName/Dataset/directory (change as appropriate to be in the place where the files are/where you shared with SMB)

Then use the commands I suggested earlier in that location.

If you can manage to copy/paste with Command + C and Command + V to get the results back to this thread, otherwise, take a screenshot.

JMoff

Dabbler
I had 0 luck with the command line. Enclosed is a screenshot of my pools GUI. My New directory for DLs TorrentDL is accessible with no issues.

My old DL folder Torrent3 will "show" my files as they should on the hard drive but a windows error when I I try to access. Then the folders and files enclosed will disappear and show empty. The next day the file folder structure will return but still unable to access. I had to access the Torrent3 folder thru the jails folder structure which gave me no issues.

1637620400200.png

JMoff

Dabbler
Update,

Still having issues. But now the folder is viewed but inaccessible. Windows shows the following after I click the folder

Windows 11-21.JPG

JMoff

Dabbler
I also figured out the command line for getfacl to check the permissions. I am assuming that the jails folder w transmission is the older version after the upgrade to 11.3 and I don't require this directory anymore. The only one I need access to is Torrent3 which is a subfolder in Transmission.

Very frustrating. Encloses is the Shell with Getfacl commands. Thanks in advance if you can help

shell 11-21.JPG

JMoff

Dabbler
Can I move these media folders files thru the command line to another access able folder ? I would appreciate any walk thru on how to do this. I tried the mv command on one small file in the folder it moved the file with no issue and was accessible. When I tried it on a media file and had no luck. I believe I'm not inputting the correct directory structure

i tried Mc and it kept freezing up.

JMoff

Dabbler
Problem Solved,

Used the MV command w /* to move my media files from the inaccessible folder to one that had no issues with acl then deleted the corrupt folder.