Add user without files in home directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

gesad

Cadet
I followed this guide to configure my freenas: https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...lder-private-user-folder-common-folder.11557/

I also want to access my files with ftp. To do that I have to set a home directory for each user, instead of leave it as /nonexistent, as the guide above told.

Everything works fine, i can access my CIFS shares as normal and access my files through ftp. The problem is that when I set a home directory for a user, some files are put into the directory from beginning. It is files that I have uploaded somewhere sometime, but i do not know where. I can delete the files, but when I create a new user, the files are there again (in the new users home directory). Like it is copied from anywhere. Is there some root folder i can access and remove the files?

Any ideas how to remove the files completly so that I can add users with a empty directory? :)

D

dlavigne

This is a "feature". After the user is created, go back and change their home directory to what you want it to be and delete the extra files you don't want.

gesad

Cadet
If i first create a user with home directory /nonexistent and then change it to /mnt/volume/xxx my old audio files is not longer automatic created in the users home directory. So it solved the problem.

Maybe i can use the function to automatically add some pdf-welcome-guides to every users home directory? The files cant just appear from nowhere, there must be a place where they are stored? Do you know where they are copied from so that i at least can choose the "start kit"?

Status
Not open for further replies.