WIN 10 Map Network Drive Not working

fjpanna

Cadet
I just installed TrueNAS 12.0, seems to be working fine, I can map from my win10 pcs. I re-did one of my win 10 pcs with clean install and I can't seem to map, it doesn't take my credentials, still mapping fine on other win 10 machine. The part that confuses me is if i choose add network location, it maps fine no credentials, but still can't add network drive with credentials. My login to pc is not a user so I'm confused. Only change after clean install was connected via hard wired not wireless. thx in advance

I bet Windows tricked you into having an "online" account. This is when they all but require you to add you email and all that when you install windows. The trick here is to not be connected to the internet during the final steps of setup, forcing Windows to "let" you have a regular old fashioned local account. Otherwise you are joined to the Windows Azure AD and its a real mess for a power user. Normal users never notice until they try to do some power using.

So to combat this make sure you also have your actual windows linked email address set in the freenas user account and microsoft account is checked, the passwords should match, etc..

Im not 100% sure this is your issue, but I do suspect its related if one can and one cant..