Strange Permissions issue accessing TrueNAS shares from Win 10

testfire10

Dabbler
I upgraded some hardware on one of my workstations, and reinstalled win10. Previously, I've been using this machine to access my TrueNAS box without issue. I had the network drive mapped, and could copy/paste/use etc. the files on the share anywhere I liked without issue. I am doing this through SMB, and my credentials in windows credential manager match the creds and username of the SMB user in TrueNAS. (I have not changed any configuration settings in TrueNAS).

I am trying to install pycharm/anaconda3, the installer is saved in my truenas machine. I am able to run the installer fine, and I install this to the windows 10 machine C:/ drive. however, when attempting to run pycharm as administrator, I am unable to see the TrueNAS network share from within pycharm. Is there some reason that the windows 'administrator' account cannot see the network share from within pycharm, but the 'regular' user (whatever that means) is able to access it within pycharm when not running as administrator? I don't remember this being an issue before I reinstalled win10 (all Truenas settings are the same). It seems like I need to somehow allow the windows administrator to have the same access as the TrueNAS user I authenticate into the share with or something. Is that possible?

testfire10

Dabbler

Davvo

MVP