Will it work with this sata expansion card?

jgreco

Resident Grinch
You're welcome. I took the opportunity to be terse in my reply because it matched the terseness of your message, but please do not miss the fact that there is a link included in my response.

You should be able to find a LSI HBA on the used market for a price that is not much more than your AliExpress card. It's the best way to go.

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
You should be able to find a LSI HBA on the used market for a price that is not much more than your AliExpress card. It's the best way to go.
And if I can beat the Grinch to his own game here, maybe I can sneak two more resources in:

Don't be afraid to be "SAS"-sy - a primer on basic SAS and SATA

But while you're shopping for those second-hand LSI cards, beware of imitations

A refurbished LSI card pulled from a used server is far more likely to be genuine - OEM examples include (but are not limited to) the Dell PERC H200/H310, HPE H220, IBM/Lenovo M1015, and Fujitsu D2607.

Whattteva

Wizard
A refurbished LSI card pulled from a used server is far more likely to be genuine - OEM examples include (but are not limited to) the Dell PERC H200/H310, HPE H220, IBM/Lenovo M1015, and Fujitsu D2607.
But it usually will also require more getting your hands dirty and headaches with cross-flashing or problems like your machine not booting due to OPROM weirdness, etc.

As an alternative, there is a very reputable eBay seller named "The Art of Server" which sells guaranteed genuine cards, pre-flashed, pre-tested, etc, guaranteed to work also... though he does tend to charge higher than other sellers.