Where do I set the SMB version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raksasas

Dabbler
Where/How do I set the SMB version ? I am not seeing anything to the 11.1 docs about setting the SMB version. I have ran across several post about using different version but none telling me where to set the version. I have check the SMB share settings under the advance options. I have also looked at the SMB settings for the Services.

I have to tell systems to mount with version=1.0 with the latest kernels. I would like to move up to version 3 but at least version 2 would be nice. I know there have been several security fixes applied since 1.0.

Thanks.

millst

Contributor
The GUI option disappeared a while back. You could look into manually setting "server min protocol" and/or "server max protocol" in the custom/advanced settings. However, I thought the max already defaults to SMB3 and you shouldn't need to do anything.

-tm

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
What? The maximum protocol is the highest supported, by default. That means SMB3.something.

Raksasas

Dabbler
Well, Thanks for the info. I went ahead and tried to mount again with a higher version (vers=3) on the cifs mount and it took it. I am swearing that 2 months go it would not and i had to tell it to use vers=1.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.