When copying to CIFS at some point I get Access Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eli Singer

Explorer
I use FreeNAS as my file server for all of my WIN PC's.
When transferring files to the FreeNAS in windows, at some point i get an "Access Denied" screen stating "you need permission to perform this action".
Now, I have permission to do that, i am the Administrator User, and the files aren't protected or anything.
Sometimes if I'll try it afterwards it work fine, and sometimes it dosn't let me transfer anything else.
Very annoying behavior.

Any tips?

Thanks,

Eli

Eli Singer

Explorer

Artion

Patron
Does this happens from every windows pc?

Inviato dal mio YD201 utilizzando Tapatalk

Eli Singer

Explorer
Does this happens from every windows pc?

Inviato dal mio YD201 utilizzando Tapatalk

I mostly transfer from my main pc but that pc was formatted and reinstalled not to long ago and the problem persists.

Eli

Artion

Patron
I mostly transfer from my main pc but that pc was formatted and reinstalled not to long ago and the problem persists.

Eli
I was thinking of other things rather than permissions. Do you have the possibility to test on other pcs? This way you can determine if it's a windows pc side problem or FN side.

Eli Singer

Explorer
I was thinking of other things rather than permissions. Do you have the possibility to test on other pcs? This way you can determine if it's a windows pc side problem or FN side.

Ok so i copied a problematic folder from my main PC to my laptop, and i transfered it from the laptop to the server without a hitch.
I honestly don't know what is the problem there...
Would love to get some insights...

Eli

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I use FreeNAS as my file server for all of my WIN PC's.
When transferring files to the FreeNAS in windows, at some point i get an "Access Denied" screen stating "you need permission to perform this action".
Now, I have permission to do that, i am the Administrator User, and the files aren't protected or anything.
Sometimes if I'll try it afterwards it work fine, and sometimes it dosn't let me transfer anything else.
Very annoying behavior.

Any tips?

Thanks,

Eli

" Access Denied" can sometimes be a generic error message in samba. Try checking for presence of an ADS on one of the files that fails to copy. You can do this on Windows 10 by running the powershell command Get-Info <filename> -Stream *. I.e. Get-Info c:\User\me\Desktop\foo.avi -Stream *

Post output here enclosed in [ code ] tags.

Eli Singer

Explorer
I rather suggested from other pcs to the FN box. Can you try it?
I did, when copying the files from my laptop the the FreeNAS it went fine.

Eli Singer

Explorer
" Access Denied" can sometimes be a generic error message in samba. Try checking for presence of an ADS on one of the files that fails to copy. You can do this on Windows 10 by running the powershell command Get-Info <filename> -Stream *. I.e. Get-Info c:\User\me\Desktop\foo.avi -Stream *

Post output here enclosed in [ code ] tags.

Get-info gave me an error. Tried renaming and different syntax options but maybe i still got it wrong
Untitled-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.