What version of FreeBSD is TrueNAS-13.0-U5.1 based on?

subnetspider

Dabbler
Hello everyone,

currently, I am running all my VNET Jails directly on FreeBSD 13.2-RELEASE-p2 (physical or VM) and want to migrate my Jails that use TrueNAS CORE for storage (Syncthing, Plex Media Server, Nextcloud, and Transmission).

Yesterday, I have tested out iocage on my TrueNAS CORE server and got confused a little.
Even though freebsd-version on my TrueNAS CORE server reports 13.1-RELEASE-p7, I can select 13.2-RELEASE when creating an iocage jail.
This however does not make sense, as AFAIK a jail on FreeBSD / TrueNAS CORE can not use a release that is newer than the Host, as the kernel of the host has to be newer or match the userland of the jail, because of the ABI.
Another thing that puzzled me was that when I installed the pkg for the first time in a jail, pkg told me that the TrueNAS CORE kernel (13200) and the jail userland (13100) are mismatched when I used 13.1-RELEASE for the jail, instead of 13.2-RELEASE.

At this point I am not sure which version of FreeBSD my TrueNAS CORE server is running, can someone shed some light on this?

---

Output of freebsd-version -kru on TrueNAS CORE:
Code:
13.1-RELEASE-p7
13.1-RELEASE-p7
13.1-RELEASE-p7

Output of freebsd-version -ru on the TrueNAS Jail:
Code:
13.1-RELEASE-p7
13.2-RELEASE-p2

Output of freebsd-version -kru on my FreeBSD server:
Code: