WARNING - don't upgrade your TrueNAS CORE jails to FreeBSD 13.3 just yet

Juan Manuel Palacios

Contributor
Because the individuals concerned explicitly asked not to post anything publicly before they do. Patience, young padawan.
In the grand scheme of things, I'm just a FreeBSD dabbler, I'm aware of that. But a very passionate one who, perhaps ironically, is getting deeper and deeper into this OS as of late. So, other than my professional curiosities and passions that have been driving me towards it for a while now, there's also the issue of skin in the game ;)

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Is that, in this specific case, due to the linking against the newer, and potentially backwards incompatible libc in 13.3?
Exactly. 13.3 introduces at least one new system call - see my linked thread - that is not supported by the older 13.2 kernel.
Frequently newer 13.x jails work on an older 13.x kernel, but this time they don't.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
In the grand scheme of things, I'm just a FreeBSD dabbler, I'm aware of that. But a very passionate one who, perhaps ironically, is getting deeper and deeper into this OS as of late. So, other than my professional curiosities and passions that have been driving me towards it for a while now, there's also the issue of skin in the game ;)
As soon as official announcements have been made and perhaps a regular call is arranged for, I'll invite everyone in.

Juan Manuel Palacios

Contributor
Exactly. 13.3 introduces at least one new system call - see my linked thread - that is not supported by the older 13.2 kernel.
Frequently newer 13.x jails work on an older 13.x kernel, but this time they don't.
Right, the kqueuex symbol in libc not present in < 13.3:

Code:
-> nm -D --demangle /lib/libc.so.7 | grep -q kqueuex; echo $?

Juan Manuel Palacios

Contributor
As soon as official announcements have been made and perhaps a regular call is arranged for, I'll invite everyone in.
Anxious to be in the know ASAP, thank you!