What could cause a boot-pool to complain about 'zilsaxttr' not being supported after reboot?

FrankWard

Explorer
Since this issue hosed my boot-pool, I'd really like to delve deeper into why so I can be aware of and hopefully prevent it from happening again. This should also server as a reference for anyone else that may encounter this issue in the future.

The pool uses the following features not supported by this system. org.openzfs:zilsaxattr.

In a previous post we discussed this issue and came to the conclusion that this error wasn't caused by a boot-pool upgrade. However, it was never discussed or determined why the issue with 'zilsaxttr' occurred or what can cause TN to report this error on the boot-pool after a reboot.

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
Obviously with boot pool failures it's a little tough to grab a debug - but can/have you filed a Jira ticket through the report-a-bug link on the forums?

As I mentioned in the other thread I'm really puzzled as zilsaxattr is listed in the compatibility.d settings for GRUB2, but if that's incorrect then we'll probably have to take it upstream.

FrankWard

Explorer
Obviously with boot pool failures it's a little tough to grab a debug - but can/have you filed a Jira ticket through the report-a-bug link on the forums?

As I mentioned in the other thread I'm really puzzled as zilsaxattr is listed in the compatibility.d settings for GRUB2, but if that's incorrect then we'll probably have to take it upstream.

I agree. I'll drop a ticket.