SOLVED Weird behaviour of Jellyfin and TrueNas Scale

kriggx

Cadet
Hello all,

I have installed Jellyfin as an app in TrueNas Scale. At first everything seemed to work smoothly. My server (A) sends the video to my browser (B), or my FireTVStick (F) as requested...but!!!!!!!!! When I shut down B or F and later want to access Jellyfin again, it does not work. The Jellyfin login page (which shows me that Jellyfin is online) tells me there is no connection to the server...okay. Try again...no connection. The only way to get back on Jellyfin as a user is to restart server A. However, when I restart the server I have to re-register with Jellyfin and re-assign the folders with the media. The previously registered user is just gone. And this happens again and again and again. Somehow Jellyfin does not save the created user and/or blocks any new attempt to reconnect to it. So of course you can't use the actually great system at all.
Does anyone have an idea what this could be due to?

EDIT: SOLVED there was an error with using my own host pathes. I installed it with ixVolume and everything works as it should.

Last edited:

tanuken

Cadet
Hi kriggx,

I am currently experiencing the same issue that you described using
TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.3.2
Jellyfin 10.0.10_1.0.12 (Truenas Community train)

However, I have custom host paths configured to a different dataset for config/cache/transcodes. I get errors like these in the log, so there might be an issue with the host path:
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/config/transcodes/metadata/views/livetv'

Did you experience the same problem with the latest version 1.0.12?
Do you have custom host paths configured?
Are you using the Truenas Community or the TrueCharts app?

Thanks in advance.

kriggx

Cadet
I had the problem with every version. I thought I solved it but....no.

I'm using the TrueNas Community version.

Now I really solved it. My problem was, that I defined my own host pathes for the config and the two other settings (forgot the names of them), exactly like you, while installing. In the log file there was an error message which told me there are some issues with the rights. Jellyfin wanted to write to a destination which had only read rights....But that could'nt be the case, because I gave all the rights to this folders. But I mentioned that there was a ixApplications folder created automatically and thought the error is maybe about this folder (which you can't change, not even the rights). So I tested to install jellyfin and let the pathes for config etc. as they were in the setting "ixVolume" and tadaaaa everything worked. since barely a week everything works perfectly fine.

Last edited: