Jellyfin Back-off restarting failed container

kriggx

Cadet
Hi,

having a simple Test-NAS server with Just one SSD as Storage.
  • TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.3.1
  • 4 x Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G4560T @ 2.90GHz (1 Socket)
  • 8 GB RAM
  • 2 SSDs
I installed Jellyfin and had some Problems. After upgrading to Jellyfin 10.8.10_1.0.9 all Problem were gone for a few hours and everything worked as expected. But then (without doing anything or using the server) Jellyfin was offline and got stuck at deploying. I have the following error message:

Jellyfin1.png

Don't know what to do since I had a running system, changed nothing and then suddenly nothing works.
Upgrading to the newsest Version of Jellyfin 10.8.10_1.0.10 does not help.

Hope someone can help me.

Thank you and best regards

Last edited:

VladTepsll

Cadet
Had same issue when i rebooted my system with jellyfin! Steps it took to to fix are as followed go to Manage Docker Images tab on apps page and manually force delete both docker images for jellyfin then restart it and allow it to recreate the files for it. Somehow they got botched when i restated the computer. Hope this helps some one at some point.

krinkel

Cadet
The issue appears if a dataset has been selected for Storage Configuration in jellyfin. To avoid this, a user should be created and assigned the dataset from jellyfin. And enter the UID of the created user in the user id when installing jellyfin.

workaround:
1. Create user and note UID
2. Assign the dataset from the jellyfin folder to the new user
3. Enter the note UID in the user id

Gizmmo

Cadet
I have this problem and nothing helped. I have no storage mounted, no folders mapped, just the default TrueNas install for Jellyfin. The TrueChars one works fine but since Dragonfish will kill that one...