Webinterface of plugins not reachable

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashi99

Dabbler
Hello,

I built my fist FreeNAS and everything looks promising except the plugins.

I can install all plugins without issue (in my case sabnzbd, sickbeard). But cannot access the web interface of these plugins. The jails and plugins show up as running, but are not reachable using either Firefox, Chrome or even ping.

I also tried creating a jail myself, but no change.
As for the specs: FreeNAS 9.2, Xeon E3, 16 GB RAM, 6x3TB WD Red

Is there something else I have to configure?

I would appreciate some help in this matter.

Thanks in advance
flashi99

D

dlavigne

Are you trying to access from the same network or outside of the network?

flashi99

Dabbler
I am trying to access from within the same network 192.168.10.0/24.
192.168.10.121 -> 192.168.10.230,...

flashi99

Dabbler
Hello,

I did some further steps in solving the issue and found out that in the Jail there was no IP address defined, so I used sysinstall and setup IP und Subnet.
After that I was able to ping the jail from the Shell of the FreeNAS, but still not from my PC or other devices in the network.

I also found out if I disable the VIMAGE than I am able to ping the IP address, but still cannot open the sabnzbd site.

Could anyone point in the right direction on this?

Thanks

D

dlavigne

Networking needs to be setup on the jail from the GUI. Try setting the IP and default gateway there and let us know if that fixes it.

flashi99

Dabbler
Sorry, but I'm still not able to connect, here's an image of the settings:
2yotykn.jpg

NAT is disabled

flashi99

Dabbler
OK, I found the problem as I am using ESX to virtualize and pass-though the HDD.
The culprit was was the virtual switch of the ESX, it has a setting called: "promiscious mode". This has to be deactivated.

Problem solved.

Orlock

Cadet
I had the exact same problem, and like you was running Freenas 9.2 as a guest on ESX with direct pass through of the HBA. Thank you for the lead.

So yes, the culprit is the virtual switch. In my case though I had to make sure the switch was set *to* promiscuous mode in order for the jail's network connection to be active. By default the VM's guest's nic only receives frames intended for it -- the host has no way to know that the jail's set up and receiving. Setting to promiscuous mode allows it to read all frames passed on the virtual switch, allowing the jail to interact.

Posting this in case others hit the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.