Freenas 9.3 - creating incorrect mount point name when installing plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

robo989

Cadet
Hi there,
I have a problem with latest 9.3/may2015 Freenas build I would really appreciate some help.

I have installed a few plugins with no issues, sabnzbd/transmisssion. But I seem to have a problem with sickbeard and plex. The issue is that when installing them Freenas appends a _1 to the end of the install and creates a virtual filesystem mount point also appending with _1.

For example.

sabnzbd_1/sabnzbd_1

However, for sickbeard and plex the Freenas console log is showing that Freenas is looking in sickbeard_3 for the sickbeard_1 install...God knows what's going on here but no matter what I do, I cannot stop Freenas thinking there are 2 instances of the plugin already installed.

May 9 00:43:27 freenas manage.py: [freeadmin.navtree:571] Couldn't retrieve http://192.168.1.252/plugins/sickbeard/3/_s/treemenu: timed out
As can be seen here, this is the first instance of sickbeard installed but Freenas is trying to load from an assumption that it's the 3rd/3.

I was going to try renaming the mount point to work round it but this isn't supported and likely isn't the best idea for stability sake.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hi there,
I have a problem with latest 9.3/may2015 Freenas build I would really appreciate some help.

I have installed a few plugins with no issues, sabnzbd/transmisssion. But I seem to have a problem with sickbeard and plex. The issue is that when installing them Freenas appends a _1 to the end of the install and creates a virtual filesystem mount point also appending with _1.

For example.

sabnzbd_1/sabnzbd_1

However, for sickbeard and plex the Freenas console log is showing that Freenas is looking in sickbeard_3 for the sickbeard_1 install...God knows what's going on here but no matter what I do, I cannot stop Freenas thinking there are 2 instances of the plugin already installed.

May 9 00:43:27 freenas manage.py: [freeadmin.navtree:571] Couldn't retrieve http://192.168.1.252/plugins/sickbeard/3/_s/treemenu: timed out
As can be seen here, this is the first instance of sickbeard installed but Freenas is trying to load from an assumption that it's the 3rd/3.

I was going to try renaming the mount point to work round it but this isn't supported and likely isn't the best idea for stability sake.

The error you have has nothing to do with the filesystem. That # 3 is not the number within the instances of sickbeard instances, but within all of your plugins.

A snapshot of your datasets might be helpful.

robo989

Cadet
The error you have has nothing to do with the filesystem. That # 3 is not the number within the instances of sickbeard instances, but within all of your plugins.

A snapshot of your datasets might be helpful.

Thank you so much for posting, it looks like I was completely in the wrong direction then. You've helped me fix it anyway so I looked about a bit and noticed the netmask by default was set to 255.255.255.255 instead of 255.255.255.0...can't think why though never changed the other plugins, suddenyl sickbeard loads fine and doesn't stop instantly.
Many thanks again, I'll try the same for Plex

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Thank you so much for posting, it looks like I was completely in the wrong direction then. You've helped me fix it anyway so I looked about a bit and noticed the netmask by default was set to 255.255.255.255 instead of 255.255.255.0...can't think why though never changed the other plugins, suddenyl sickbeard loads fine and doesn't stop instantly.
Many thanks again, I'll try the same for Plex
Glad you got it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.