Can't figure out how to configure plugins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

grfirst

Dabbler
Hello everyone. I've searched, read, watched videos over and over. I've even re-installed FreeNAS numerous times trying to get the hang of this tool. One of the main guides I've used is:
Newbie Guide to FreeNAS, Plex, CouchPotato, Sickbeard , and Transmission

After many unsuccessful attempts I've finally gotten to:

Transmission Setup

That's it, nothing works as I am unable to configure my plugins beyond this point. I figure it's about time I reached out to someone for help, or at least point me to another tutorial to use that's up to date.

I am using version 9.3 stable, and am a total newbie, but after all the attempts, I think I've gained a little experience on re-installing everything from scratch.

Below are the installed plugins and this is where I can go no further.

Appreciate any help anyone can provide, Thanks in advance.

grfirst

Dabbler
I can't figure out where to go from here. The instructions of the tutorial seems not to coincide with this current version, therefore I'm not sure what to do next, or how to make my plugins work.

I mean if I need to start all over from scratch again, I can do that :).

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
But what part are you stuck?

It's like walking into a car repair shop and saying "stuff happened" and expecting someone to know what you're talking about

grfirst

Dabbler
My bad, thought my initial post clearly explained the issue i'm having, but I see that's not the case.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I'm sorry, you didn't provide a link to the guide you were following so I have zero context to what you are confused about.

grfirst

Dabbler
My apologies, I tried to put a link in, but wasn't able to as I haven't had enough likes in the forum or something to that affect.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
The current version of the transmission FreeNAS plugin no longer has redundant settings that are available in the transmission webui or remote interface. The FreeNAS transmission menu now only has settings not available from the aforementioned places.

I did it this way so settings set in the aforementioned places wouldn't get over written by settings set in the FreeNAS transmission menu.

grfirst

Dabbler
The current version of the transmission FreeNAS plugin no longer has redundant settings that are available in the transmission webui or remote interface. The FreeNAS transmission menu now only has settings not available from the aforementioned places.

I did it this way so settings set in the aforementioned places wouldn't get over written by settings set in the FreeNAS transmission menu.
Hi Joshua, the man himself :). I'm still not sure what settings to use from this point, and this is where I'm stuck. Are there any other suggestions or posts you could point me to?

I even tried your: https://www.jruehlig.com/wordpress/installation-configuration-of-freenas-plugins/
But that seemed out of date and I got stuck on it also.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.