Web Shell Unresponsive

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloomo

Explorer
Urgh. I hate this problem. Shame on me for using the web shell at all. BUT, seeing as this has happened a couple times, I'd love to know if anyone has a solve.

I was using iperf to test some throughput and clearly I don't know how to exit it properly (I ended up just closing the window, bad call) – I killed it later with fire and the kill -STOP <process id>. Anyway, after closing my web shell a couple times, now it won't open.

So,
1) Is there any way to force restart the web shell? I have the whole "listen queue overflow" going again.
2) How do I exit iperf if the daemon is still running? (Other than the "kill" command:)

Thanks for help!

cyberjock

Inactive Account
The best way I know of to un-f*ck your box would be to reboot it. There's no telling where things may have gone wrong. :P

I hate the Webshell because it does weird spooky things sometimes. :)

bloomo

Explorer
Aaarrrgh. Must. Stop. Using. Web Shell. Reset had to happen... Hate doing that. I love the little numbers that climb when my box has been online for months.

Is there a force exit out of iperf other than to kill the process? The Web has been unhelpful.

And thanks for previous response!

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
If iperf is running in the foreground you can send it sigint with control+c if in the background you can send it sigint with kill -INT <pid>

bloomo

Explorer
If iperf is running in the foreground you can send it sigint with control+c if in the background you can send it sigint with kill -INT <pid>
thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.