Web GUI & SMB doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

poldas

Contributor
Hi,

I use FreeNAS 9.2 from 1 month. Today users reported me that they don't have access to SMB folders. I wanted to check it but i didn't have access to web GUI. I scanned ports 80 and 443 and they were closed. I can connect via ssh but I have only normal user which isn't member of wheel group so I couldn't use sudo.

Can i fix this issue? FreeNAS is in remote office but I can ask person from this office to help me. He can connect monitor to FreeNAS and do something from physical console.

Thank you for help

erturne

Dabbler
I'm surprised nobody has responded to this. With a monitor attached to the server he may immediately see the error. If not, he can choose the option for the shell and then look at the logs. If he runs the dmesg command he may see errors in that. He can also look in the /var/log/messages log to see if there are any errors there.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
We don't bother with people that can't post system specs, etc as requested in the forum rules. So yes, this is completely normal and completely expected for people that show up with a "my crap is broke" and provides nothing requested.

Status
Not open for further replies.