Wazuh Agent

I want to install a wazuh agent just to keep up with security stuff I have already re-enabled dpkg and apt so i can freely install packages. However after every update i have to redo what i install. As an example i am using prometheus-node-exporter package on truenas to monitor through grafana. But everytime i update i have to redo the process. Is there any way i can bake specific packages into config so they remain after update?

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
I want to install a wazuh agent just to keep up with security stuff I have already re-enabled dpkg and apt so i can freely install packages. However after every update i have to redo what i install. As an example i am using prometheus-node-exporter package on truenas to monitor through grafana. But everytime i update i have to redo the process. Is there any way i can bake specific packages into config so they remain after update?

Export to Grafana will be fixed in 23.10.1 .. in December.

Updates do ensure only standard TrueNAS software is running.. otherwise we can't ensure any quality.

To install packages, you would have to script the process..... update and then run a script that does what you want.

i can install packages thats no problem. I just want to keep the config. so when i do update my host uses same wazuh agent id. Every time you install wazuh it creates a new agent id so i would be stuck with unused agents every time i update... can you guys just create a service for wazuh agent. Opnsense does this through plugins so you dont have to actually add the package... I can configure wazuh through the web gui.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
i can install packages thats no problem. I just want to keep the config. so when i do update my host uses same wazuh agent id. Every time you install wazuh it creates a new agent id so i would be stuck with unused agents every time i update... can you guys just create a service for wazuh agent. Opnsense does this through plugins so you dont have to actually add the package... I can configure wazuh through the web gui.
Feel free to submit a suggestion via Jira/report a bug. Report the NAS-ticket and other people can upvote.