"WARNING: The recovery key of your volume will be invalidated!" when replacing disk

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the disks in a mirrored ZVOL was reporting large number of failed sector reads so I got myself a replacement disk. I shutdown the system, removed the dodgy disk and put in it's replacement.
I go to replace the disk in the webGUI in the Volume Status section and I'm told "WARNING: The recovery key of your volume will be invalidated!"

I can't work out what this means, is it related to the geli encryption? Do I need to do something after the disk has resilvered?

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
Well, trigger happy fool that I am, I didn't do step one - offlining the disk. I also didn't ensure that an encryption passphrase had been set - I don't specifically recall setting such a passphrase although I may have done so - possibly with the root password (bad practice?) clearly I need to read the docs more thoroughly. I do have a downloaded copy of the geli key. Ok, so I will wait until the disk has resilvered and then follow the encryption re-key steps. and... I should be ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.