Vote on branding for a future FreeNAS product!

Which of the three logo options do you prefer?

Votes: 14 20.6%

Votes: 25 36.8%

Votes: 29 42.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ben

FreeNAS GUI Developer
Here's your chance to influence the design of an upcoming FreeNAS product from iXsystems! Below are three choices for a FreeNAS label. Please help us choose one by voting here or on Facebook.
logosfreenas.png

ben

FreeNAS GUI Developer
To be clear, please vote in the poll - we won't be hand-counting votes in the forum thread.

sumsum

Cadet

warri

Guru
Use the poll! Posting a number here doesn't help.

Dusan

Guru
They may be using Tapatalk -- it silently ignores polls :(.

gpsguy

Looking at the photo's on the right - will this be a replacement for the FreeNAS mini?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
3 baby!

Will these be available foe purchase as case badges? I would really love to put one on my build.

joeschmuck

Old Man
I voted but maybe a request... Are you limited to two colors (white/black)? It would be nice to see the minnow in greyish/black tones to make it look more like a shark.

And I guess I have to ask what this label will be used for? I know I don't have a location for a unique shaped sticker that you are asking us to vote on. I mean I could strategically place it on the case but yours look more like something you plan to put into production on a specific case design.

And are you planning on selling them at all? I know I'd love to have one myself.

Yatti420

Wizard

joeschmuck

Old Man
I like that Idea.. Even if they are pricey :)
I think that depends on the price. I know I won't pay $10 US for a single logo, maybe ~$2 US +shipping. Will they be made of aluminum or plastic?

I'm not trying to shoot down the idea of selling these but if that is offered, it should be reasonable. To be honest, I wouldn't mind a black T-Shirt (both with and without a pocket) with the logo silk screened (not iron on) over the pocket area, maybe a small variety for everyone to choose from. That would be worth $15 US + shipping to me. I don't know if there would be a large demand for it, large being 10,000 pieces, but it could make a nice little profit and some free advertising.

Yatti420

Wizard
Maybe include them with purchases for a limited time.. Move some FreeNAS merch.. I'd still buy one if it's pricier.. I guess the TrueNAS is branded differently so.. Will a square sticker be avail the title indicates it's for a future product so I'm not sure if a rectangle or or square stickers would be available etc..

ThreeDee

Guru
2 got my vote .. and I'd buy a t-shirt and badge with this logo .. providing of course it wasn't toooo much moola

indy

Patron
I like #1 best.
And I would totally buy one of those as a sticker.

Though I would prefer a logo with less wasted space.
Something like this:
freenas.png

joeschmuck

Old Man
If I were a betting man I'd think the design is for the next attempt at putting out a FreeNAS machine, maybe this time with ECC RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.