VNC Viewer screen too small

Status
Not open for further replies.

AVSION

Contributor
Hi Guys,

I'm new to FreeNAS and linux systems, i have built a High performance home server and installed FN11 RC4 with the new VM feature.
i would like to start my journey and learn the basics of linux's systems including Servers, Shell, Vi-Vim VMs etc.
to do that i have decided the best way is to install linux OS on the new server and start from there. i installed latest ubuntu OS on the VM
and using VNC Viewer Client to access the system and all working well ready to go. the only issue is the VNC Viewer default screen aspect ratio and screen size is like 5:4 by 12" and its too small to work with(no much real estate) if we trying to simulate a normal working environment which use 16:9 or 16:10 (i use 27" iMac). i changed screen size from the VNC Viewer settings but the resolution drops (very blurry) and no where to change the aspect ratio.

in general i like to have normal working environment similar as possible by using my server, my questions are:
1. is FreeNAS VM the best way to go, use jails,VirtualBox, or suggest other solutions?
2. if FN VM with the VNC Viewer Client is the way to go how do i changes the aspect ratio and screen size?

Thank you
Yariv

D

dlavigne

Were you able to find an answer to your screen size question?

AVSION

Contributor
no i didnt

Status
Not open for further replies.