USB corrupted, no configuration file

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpsguy

Please repost the output of
zpool import

you entered the wrong command in the last picture.

tim1198

Dabbler
Whoops, sorry, here's the zpool import.

Attachments

• 9 zpool import.PNG
    9 zpool import.PNG
    14.8 KB · Views: 288

Dusan

Guru
The system only sees one of your data drives. Check your SATA cables, power connectors, ... To get the serial number of the drive that is visible to the system run "smartctl -i /dev/ada0". You need to figure out what happened to the other drive.
However, the volume should still be importable. Did you try the to Auto Import the volume?

tim1198

Dabbler
Dusan:
I will check the connections (I think you may be right) as soon as I get home from work. In screwing with the computer, I might have accidentally disconected the USB or power to the 2nd drive.

I did not do Auto Import since I was able to use the GUI to inport the freenas-v1.db file. Once I fix the 2nd drive, I can reboot and run the troubleshooting commands to ensure the 2nd drive is recognized. I'll repost any updates.

Thanks for taking the time to help me!
Tim

tim1198

Dabbler
Fixed! Thanks Dusan, the USB cable came loose on the MB, and once I plugged it back in and rebooted, all my volume and data are back online.

What a big relief and thanks to you and gpsguy. I now know to back up the config file somewhere else besides the raid drive. The best part is I'm also upgraded to 9.2
Big thanks, you guys are the best!
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.