getting configuration file off usb drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZVGY

Cadet
So I installed freenas 1.5-2 years ago. Worked great. But I powered off with the button, and it looks like my usb key is corrupt (and I didn't backup config - I know, dumb). It starts to boot and does get an IP but then has some errors that just keep repeating. The web interface just says try again later (if at all, now it doesn't even load).

So I need to pull my (hopefully non-corrupt) config file out of /data on the old usb stick.

When I plug it into my linux mint computer, it gives me all sorts of errors about not being able to mount the partitions and not knowing the partition type. I thought maybe this was due to being corrupt, but I made a fresh usb stick and it's doing the same thing.

So, is there a command to get the freenas usb stick mounted under linux mint?

OR I can boot the nas up with the new usb stick and then plug in the old one, mount it and copy the config file over (all from the command line). Is there a command for that?

Thanks

AZVGY

Cadet
So with a ton of searching and some tinkering I finally found the command... if anyone else needs it, it is:

sudo mount -r -t ufs -o ufstype=44bsd /dev/sdb3 /wherever.on.your.computer

You will also need to use sudo to copy the freenas-v1.db file as you will get permission denied if you try doing drag and drop via GUI.

Hope the loading it back works!

AZVGY

Cadet
The config file worked, but when I go to the plug ins page, they are both off. They wont' start. I tried to hit update and it gave an error that it can't find the jail.

Does the config file not copy over jail info?

phoenix

Explorer
Sorry, that reply was posted in error to this thread. Damn copy 'n' paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.