UPS Settings Won't Save

pr0927

Dabbler
Hi all, I recently moved my UPS from my main server to my OPNsense router, and set up NUT there as the "master." Previously the UPS was connected by USB to the main server.

It took some trial-and-error, but it's working great - mostly.

When I went to change the UPS service settings on the main server to "slave" - it wouldn't take. I can click "Save" all I want, and nothing happens.

I also set the "slave" up on my backup server - for that, it worked perfectly.

I spent an insane amount of time searching the web for help and trying to edit files in hard-to-find directories (upsmon.conf, some users file, etc.).

However, nothing changed. On reboot, I always see this:

1699626451227.png

And in editing it, it keeps defaulting to the old settings:

1699626622622.png

For comparison, the correct (and working) settings on my backup server that the main server refuses to save:

1699626570651.png

Would immensely appreciate any assistance on rectifying this. Thank you!

Attachments

• 1699626488047.png
    1699626488047.png
    309.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 1699626535746.png
    1699626535746.png
    126.2 KB · Views: 39

pr0927

Dabbler
I must be doing something wrong to never get a reply to my threads. :(

Is there any additional info that might make someone more likely to assist?

Would love to just "reset" the UPS saved settings and set it up fresh for this server.

asap2go

Patron
I must be doing something wrong to never get a reply to my threads. :(

Is there any additional info that might make someone more likely to assist?

Would love to just "reset" the UPS saved settings and set it up fresh for this server.
Did you try deactivating the service, rebooting and then editing it? If it doesn't save properly then the service might somehow block write access to the config file, e.g. by not closing it after parsing.
UPS seems a little buggy on Scale at the moment. e.g. auto startup at boot even if not configured.

pr0927

Dabbler
Appreciate the response!

Yep, have done so - a few times, actually. Every time on reboot it's "activated" again and trying to change the properties won't work when clicking "Save."

asap2go

Patron
Appreciate the response!

Yep, have done so - a few times, actually. Every time on reboot it's "activated" again and trying to change the properties won't work when clicking "Save."
Can you edit and save it after turning off the service?

pr0927

Dabbler
Nope - whether enabled or disabled, the save function refuses to take. I click it and nothing happens. I briefly see a blue flash at the top of the window is all - but it doesn't exit the menu or keep any input settings.

Wondering if somehow there is some internal override in some config file locking it?

asap2go

Patron
The only other thing that comes to mind is clearing your browser cache.
I've read a lot of people had strange issues like yours and that helped.

pr0927

Dabbler
Hmm, just gave that a try, tried a different browser as well - no luck. Attached is a quick video of what I'm seeing.

Attachments

• Recording 2023-11-10 130510.mp4
    305.6 KB · Views: 0

pr0927

Dabbler
I think I got this working. Used CLI. Will explain later, no time at the moment. On first reboot after, it said no UPS connection, but I realized my monitor user was wrong.

Have not rebooted since as I keep facing a weird "loading initial ramdisk" issue on-and-off and have no real idea how to replicate or fix this - likely going to do a BIOS CMOS clear later, as I noticed my 2 VMs were eating INSANE CPU resources too once it did finally boot up.

Too afraid to reboot now when I don't have time to troubleshoot if I get the same "loading initial ramdisk" hang.