SOLVED Upgrading past 9.10.1-U2 causing endless reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.

zs3223

Cadet
I am currently unable to update my system past 9.10.1-U2. Every update after this causes the system to reboot after about 5 minutes of uptime. I've tried every version that has been released to date including 9.10.2. If I roll back to 9.10.1-U2 everything works fine. Rolling back to 9.10.1-U2 Any idea's on log files to look through or things to try?

zs3223

Cadet
Because U4 also causes endless reboots as does U3 and 9.10.2.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Hardware? Try a new USB stick?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

larghio

Cadet
I have exactly the same problem. asrock 2750dl mainboard.
no ouput on console at the point it resets.
not faulty usb stick.

Last edited:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I have exactly the same problem. asrock 2750dl mainboard.
no ouput on console at the point it resets.
not faulty usb stick.
Try booting some live CD. If that doesn't work, welcome to the dead ASRock C2x50D4I club.

larghio

Cadet
Try booting some live CD. If that doesn't work, welcome to the dead ASRock C2x50D4I club.
It brand new, replaced because of watchdog bug. it works when i go back to U2 so its NOT a hardware problem. but any release beyond U2 and the reboot problem resurfaces

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
It brand new, replaced because of watchdog bug. it works when i go back to U2 so its NOT a hardware problem. but any release beyond U2 and the reboot problem resurfaces
How weird. Any gut feelings about what might be unusual in your system?

larghio

Cadet
There is nothing unusual, i even disconnected everything so its just the motherboard, ram and psu and I checked the psu on my scope. did test the ecc ram earlier this week.
After disabling watchdogd and smartd in freenas it seams to be stable with the latest release.
will let it run a while before enabling them one at the time to see where the bug is coming from
(has always been disabled in bios since i got the board)

zs3223

Cadet
There is nothing unusual, i even disconnected everything so its just the motherboard, ram and psu and I checked the psu on my scope. did test the ecc ram earlier this week.
After disabling watchdogd and smartd in freenas it seams to be stable with the latest release.
will let it run a while before enabling them one at the time to see where the bug is coming from
(has always been disabled in bios since i got the board)
I disabled watchdogd in just my bios and the system seems to be stable(no more continuous reboots) now. I still have smartd running and I didn't disable watchdogd in freenas. My phpvirtualbox virtual machines won't launch now on the new version but at least freenas isn't rebooting. Would it be a good idea to disable watchdogd also in freenas even if the system isn't rebooting anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.