TrueNAS Core Keeps Rebooting From Heavy I/O Operations Since Upgrading to U2

nmck160

Cadet
Hi all,

Since U2 just came out a couple days ago, I've searched around and I haven't found another thread with this same issue yet, but I apologize if someone has already posted about this.

So for context on what's happening: I keep most of my games library (Steam/Origin/Epic/etc.) on an SMB share on my TrueNAS Core system. I had to verify/repair a couple of my games yesterday for reasons too innocuous to mention, and in the midst of the repair process TrueNAS rebooted unexpectedly.

I thought it was just a one-time thing, but every time I try and do this repair process now, TrueNAS will reboot roughly halfway through. I don't receive any error messages or anything, I just get a notification in TueNAS when it boots back up that TrueNAS had an unscheduled reboot.

I'm not sure where a log would be, I've tried looking in /var/log for something but I don't think what's there contains information on my issues, although I am a complete novice when it comes to this stuff so I could just be an idiot.

I've tried reverting back to an older config using U1.1, and an even older config on U1 and it doesn't seem to work; every time TrueNAS boots back up it's still on U2. (As an aside, I wish the older ISO's of True/FreeNAS would still be available in case of situations like this occuring where reverting to older configs doesn't work.)

I've been running this system since FreeNAS 11, upgrading to almost every update that has come out since (I waited until TrueNAS Core was in BETA to switch over however) and I've had no issues with this until now.

In fact, I was actually doing the same thing last week while I was running U1.1 and everything was fine so I'm not sure what's going on.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Alecmascot

Guru
Uploading down-level configs will not cause FreeNAS to reboot to earlier releases.
You need to manage that via System | Boot and Activate an earlier release.

nmck160

Cadet
Uploading down-level configs will not cause FreeNAS to reboot to earlier releases.
You need to manage that via System | Boot and Activate an earlier release.

Ahhh, I did not know that. Thank you!

I will try restoring via an earlier release and see if that fixes the issues.

nmck160

Cadet
So reverting back to U1.1 via System -> Boot seems to have worked, I no longer get that weird crashing. Even though I have no idea what the underlying issue is, I'm going to stick with this version for now.

Thanks again, @Alecmascot again for the help!