Upgrading from TrueNAS Scale Alpha to the new Beta Version broke everything.

oooof

Cadet
So I saw that the Beta version was released and wanted to give it a try. When installing it said that it couldn't find the disk (paraphrased) and when I checked my discs they were all marked as offline. SMB and ssh and VMs still all worked though. So I rebooted and now it won't boot anymore.
Can I put a fresh install of the Beta Version on my SSD and upload my configuration file and it will detect all the drives, VMs etc?
Thanks

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
So I saw that the Beta version was released and wanted to give it a try. When installing it said that it couldn't find the disk (paraphrased) and when I checked my discs they were all marked as offline. SMB and ssh and VMs still all worked though. So I rebooted and now it won't boot anymore.
Can I put a fresh install of the Beta Version on my SSD and upload my configuration file and it will detect all the drives, VMs etc?
Thanks

Yes, you can install fresh, and then re-import your config, import your pool(s) and you should be back in business.

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Also is there a way to install TrueNAS Scale without video output?

Installer needs VGA or serial output to allow you to walk through it. (Serial option is in the GRUB menu at first installer bootup)