Upgrading from 8.2 to 9.3...issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

derek1387

Cadet
So, I have been doing some research on trying to upgrade from 8.2 all the way up to 9.x, and running into problems.
I have tried through the GUI, and it just seems to get stuck and says my ISO/image or checksum is incorrect.

I downloaded a copy of my config file...what about just making a new installation on a new USB and uplading my config file...would that work?
Help please! Trying to start using Plex from FreeNAS and all the other cool plugins, but apparently 8.2 makes it difficult

I want to make sure I keep all my data on my drives as well. Running FreeNAS off of a USB stick

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

I downloaded a copy of my config file...what about just making a new installation on a new USB and uplading my config file...would that work?

Yes, if the install succeeds you should be able to restore your config and import your pool.

derek1387

Cadet
Looks like I was able to install 9.3 on a new jump drive....but trying to upload my config file is causing some issues. Looks like we are stuck on "re0 Link State changed to UP" for about 20 minutes....

gpsguy

re0 is your Realtek NIC. Perhaps FreeNAS dropped support for yours along the way. I know joeschmuck ran into problems with his onboard Realtek NIC, perhaps somewhere in the 9.2.x.x versions and ended up switching to an Intel Pro/1000 CT.

I wouldn't have tried to jump all the way from 8.2 to 9.3. Perhaps 8.2 ->8.32 -> 9.2.1 -> 9.2.1.9 -> 9.3

There have been a lot of changes since 8.2

D

dlavigne

Is that during the reboot? If so, does pressing ctrl c move things along?

Status
Not open for further replies.