Upgrading Drives In My System

t_dash

Cadet
I currently have 5 vdevs, 3 that have 2tb drives mirrored together, 1 that has 2 4tb drives mirrored together and one that has 2 8tb drives mirrored together. I am looking to expand my storage I would like to upgrade all of my drives to 8tb drives eventually. How would I go about this with out having to move all of my data to another spot and the reload it all back on to it?

Jessep

Patron

t_dash

Cadet
From reading through the thread it appears that you offline one drive then put in your new drive and let it rebuild. When it completes you do it over again. Did I miss anything?

Jessep

Patron
From reading through the thread it appears that you offline one drive then put in your new drive and let it rebuild. When it completes you do it over again. Did I miss anything?
"Detach reduces redundancy but not capacity. You can offline disks and replace but, if you have a spare SATA port, the best way is to plug in the new drive and then replace (Storage>Pool>gear>Status, (old drive)>3-dot>Replace). This way you resilver with full redundancy; the old drive will automatically go offline once it's done."​

I linked a specific post for a reason.