Upgrade from 11.0-U3 --> 11.0-U4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inxsible

Guru
I tried to upgrade from 11U3 to 11U4 and it borked my system but I had manually copied the freenas-v1.db from /data/freenas-v1.db before attempting the update. On boot up I get a bunch of errors and at the end all I get is a blinking cursor. I thought this would be a good time to get some experience with importing my pool and my config into a new install. So I installed 11U4 on a different USB stick but when I try to Upload Config, all I get is
Code:
An error occurred
on the top of the screen. I don't see anything changing in the console at all after trying to upload the old config.

How would I upload my old config to this new install? Or would I have to just bite the bullet and re-configure everything from scratch?

I haven't tried importing my tank yet.

System specs:
MB : Tyan S5533
CPU: Pentium G3240
RAM: 16GB Crucial ECC Unbuffered RAM
PSU: Corsair CS450M
old boot disk: HP 16gb USB
new boot disk : Sandisk 8gb USB

Last edited:

Inxsible

Guru
Nope.. I just did the configuration all over again. I thought it would be a good time to use standard jails instead of plugin jails. I also wanted to use NFSv4 instead of v3 this time. So I just let this one slide.

Constantin

Vampire Pig
I'm in a similar boat with the latest updates to U4... my failover LAGG used to work fine... but once I upgraded, the system became unreachable via TCP/IP. So, off to the server, nuke the LAGG, reset the interfaces, rebuild the LAGG etc.- none of it worked. So I've dustbinned the LAGG and just use one of the interfaces for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.