BUILD Updated build thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick2253

Wizard

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Obviously you have never experienced the pure bliss of 4k console output :D
I'm fairly certain the console is limited to SVGA-esque resolutions, maybe 1024x768. :p

Something

Explorer
I'm fairly certain the console is limited to SVGA-esque resolutions, maybe 1024x768. :p
So long as it does 1024x768 240Hz i'll be happy ;).

Marketing-speak for "Yeah, they always run at 5400RPM, but this way it sounds like they're smarter".

With FreeNAS? Only if you want a heater...
Well it does get cold in the winter...

For some kind of GPGPU in a VM maybe. nothing i'm planning on for now. Honestly, hadn't even considered it till I said that.

Something

Explorer
Alright, I have all the parts and before I risk destroying my pools during testing, I'd like to put them out of harm's way. It doesn't say but do I delete the share's configuration in detach volume? I am swapping the motherboard, CPU, and RAM.

Is physical removal of the drive necessary or just the SATA connection and/or power?

Something

Explorer
I realize that I misplaced my VGA cables, whoops! Emergency ordered something long for dedicated video output.

Beyond that, got to find out that the mounts for my CPU cooler don't fit this morning. I'm not a fan of downtime with this NAS so this is a bit of a slap in the face. Oh well, live and learn. Emails to Noctua and SuperMicro to see if I can get this sorted out, hopefully more rapidly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.