Update loop 11.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldBen

Cadet
I seem to be stuck with the 11.1 update. I did the update a couple weeks ago (ok, i jumped the gun on that), activated "11.1-release" on boot menu and rebooted. 11.1 is active and overall seems to be running fine, except that on the updates tab, all the 11.1 updates are still listed as pending. If i click "apply pending updates", it tells me "Update: FreeNAS-11.1-release has already been applied. Please activate 11.1-Release via the Boot Environment Tab and Reboot to use this updated version."

I have rebooted a number of times. the Boot tab shows 11.1-RELEASE is active (On Reboot, Now). But no change to the update tab- the 11.1 update files still show as pending.

I've only been working with freenas for a couple months so I'm still a newbie. Done a lot of reading and searching the forums but didn't find anything like this. Is there something else i need to do to clear the pending update list? It's only bugging me because every time I log into the GUI, it the "OK" button keeps flashing and telling me there a new update- but it's still the same one.

Thanks
Old Ben

D

dlavigne

Please post the output of beadm list. A screenshot of your System -> Boot page would also be helpful.

OldBen

Cadet
Thanks. Here's the output from beadm list and a screenshot.

Attachments

• beadmlist.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 314
  • BootTab.JPG
    BootTab.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 273
D

dlavigne

That looks good. Do the update files indicate that they are for 11.1-U1? That update went out yesterday.

OldBen

Cadet
Hmm. Today it does. Yesterday it just showed the 11.0 update in the pending updates list, and when i clicked "check now" it just kept telling me to activate the update and reboot (even though i had done so multiple times.) I guess it's working fine- i just expected that it would clear the "pending updates" list after applying them and rebooting.

I'm applying the new updates now and see how it looks when it's finished.

Thanks

OldBen

Cadet
Quick follow up- I applied the 11.1-U1 update, rebooted, and all is well. the Pending Updates box is clear and it running with the new update. Guess it was just one of those things.

Thanks for following up.

Status
Not open for further replies.