SOLVED 11.2 Update Problem

So I was using 11.1 update 6 without issues and decided to replace my USB Boot drive with an SSD.

I performed a fresh install of 11.2 onto the SSD, imported the storage pool and restored a config backup from 11.1-U6. A couple of reboots later everything is back up and looks to be working ok. Nice :D

I then notice there is an update available for 11.2, so I download and install. When it has rebooted I’m presented with the 11.1 login interface and when I login I get a huge error about the environment not loading, sorry I didn't make a screen shot of it, and all I can do is reboot it .:(

Restoring to an older boot environment produces the same error, so I reinstall to 11.2 and restore the 11.1-U6 config again and everything is working again.

Looking at the update option again I've noticed that only the release train for 11.1 is available so I'm thinking that I may have installed an 11.1 update previously.

How do I get onto the 11.2 release train?

Capture.PNG

Thanks in advance.

Update: Using the old interface I was able to change to the 11.2 update train. The new interface now shows i'm on train 11.2 and no updates are available.

kypdurron5

Dabbler
Awesome; was just about to post on this myself when I saw your thread! Exact same situation here. I would regard this clearly as a "bug." An install of 11.2 should not recognize 11.1 as an "upgrade" regardless of the train. Further, why can't we even select the 11.2 train under the 11.2 GUI?! And why does downgrading back to 11.1 crash the GUI system? Thanks for helping me get my train back on track! Couldn't resist. :rolleyes: