Update button for jails

geopfarth

Explorer
System specifics in signature:
So I'm running PMS with plexpass as a manually created jail, not from the plugin. Everything seems to be working just fine. The Plex web page showed an update available to ver. 1.15.2.793 from 1.14.1.5488. The bug fixes listed are all minor and nothing I have encountered while running the server, but I thought it would be a good time to try out the update button in the new 11.2 GUI. I stopped the jail, clicked update and watched it run and then return an "update successful" message. I restarted the jail and accessed the Plex server. It still says it is running 1.14.1.5488, so I opened the CSH and ran a manual update of the Jail:

[root@freenas ~]# jls
JID IP Address Hostname Path
3 tautulli /mnt/iocage/jails/tautulli/root
5 plex /mnt/iocage/jails/plex/root
[root@freenas ~]# jexec 5 csh
root@plex:/ # pkg update && pkg upgrade multimedia/plexmediaserver-plexpass
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
[plex] Fetching meta.txz: 100% 944 B 0.9kB/s 00:01
[plex] Fetching packagesite.txz: 100% 6 MiB 2.3MB/s 00:03
Processing entries: 100%
FreeBSD repository update completed. 32366 packages processed.
All repositories are up to date.
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
Your packages are up to date.
root@plex:/ #

I opened up the Plex Server again and I am still running 1.14.1.5488. I am guessing that the new version just dropped and hasn't been ported to a package on FreeBSD.

My question is this: Does the update button in the FreeNAS GUI run "pkg update && pkg upgrade multimedia/plexmediaserver-plexpass" or is that button to update the Jail that the package resides in? If it is the former, would you recommend running the command from the shell over using the button the in the GUI?

D

dlavigne

We're planning on pushing out the Plex update (along with some other updated plugins) next week (still QEing it) and will do a blog post and forum post once the plugin updates are available.

geopfarth

Explorer
We're planning on pushing out the Plex update (along with some other updated plugins) next week (still QEing it) and will do a blog post and forum post once the plugin updates are available.
I look forward to it!