Unsecured VM VNC.

mvipe01

Dabbler
Hello,

We have setup a TrueNAS scale system for both personal use and use during our large LAN partied. Today we noticed that all of our VM's VNC are accessible directly through the network without a password. Being that TrueNAS does not include any sort of firewall I think it would be imperative to password protect the VM's.... This feature is not only built into libvirt but its just as easy for the database to store the password for the novnc.

I mean what is the purpose of password protecting the panel and the shares if we dont do something as simple as protecting our VM's VNC?

Are there any plans to add this feature to the panel? Or perhaps have I just missed where to set the password for the VNC's?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
If you're going to make sarcastic and obvious complaints about the design of the system, at least do the minimum of homework as a courtesy to those who have done the work for you.

have I just missed where to set the password for the VNC's?
yes, it seems you have.

1644835804544.png

mvipe01

Dabbler
If you're going to make sarcastic and obvious complaints about the design of the system, at least do the minimum of homework as a courtesy to those who have done the work for you.

yes, it seems you have.

View attachment 53124
Mine does not show the password option hence why I created the thread. Also, sorry, I did not mean to come across as sarcastic. Running RC1
1644836844250.png

jgreco

Resident Grinch
yes, it seems you have.

Please, given that there are both Core and Scale, and Scale is being evolved at a rapid pace, let's try to remember that there are lots of features that have been missing, moved around, restructured, recently added, and/or changed. Even highly experienced FreeNAS folks have trouble finding stuff sometimes, and obscure stuff like this can change on almost a daily basis...

sretalla