Unprivileged port since upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

lagony

Cadet
Fixed! I said that I was new to FreeNAS, and dealing with this problem only proves that. In order for XBMC to connect to the NFS share, you need to add a few lines to the rc.conf file on FreeNAS...primarily, you need to set nfs_reserved_port_only to NO. Since I upgraded, this setting was obviously removed and I had forgotten to add it back in. Its been added back in now and all is well. I can now recoup from my cold on my couch whilst enjoying my media setup.

Hello all,

I posted this in the Announcement thread for 8.0.2, but perhaps that wasn't an appropriate place for it. Therefore, I'll try my luck here!

I successfully had XBMC connecting with my FreeNAS box (running FreeNAS 8.0.1 RC4) through a NFS share. After an upgrade to FreeNAS 8.0.2, XBMC can no longer connect to the NFS share and my FreeNAS box reports the following error:

Code:
Oct 16 10:42:33 freenas mountd[2269]: mount request from 192.168.0.6 from unprivileged port

Any idea what might be causing this error to show up with the upgrade to 8.0.2? I've recreated the NFS share, in case something happened to it during the upgrade and I've also ensured that the Mapall user and group are set correctly...

I'm sitting at home sick right now, and was really hoping I could sit around and watch movies for the day...please help! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.