Understanding how TN requires config for LACP and VLANS

terrenceTtibbs

Dabbler
Greetings Truenasers,

I'm currently doing a "circle repeat retard loop" trying to configure my install. I will first of all paint a picture with words rather than confuse yourselves and myself even more. Excuse me for the bad grammar as English is my first language.

Hardware

Dell T320
with 8 hotswap 7200 3TBs
60GB SSD on mainboard SATA channel for boot drive with default SWAP allocated at install
Flashed lsi card working fine linked to back plane for hotswaps
IDRAC Port for T320 Remote Management (ue0)
1 x 1 Gig 4 port NIC (igb0,1,2,3)
Dell onboard 2 port gig NIC (bge0,1)

Ok without drawing my network which would take me forever I will just stick to the TRUENAS part.

I am running numerous VLANS and switches all L2 with static L3
Pfsense as my WAN box in

I would like to configure my NAS box as follows all connecting to my core switch using 2 LACP groups of 2 connections.

Onboard IDRAC port (ue0) works fine and TRUENASS sees it and allocates it some random IP obviously I just leave this alone?

I would like a dedicated TN GUI management interface (bge0) on VLAN99 using the onboard port

LACP to HP switch in pairs using the 4 port NIC from TRUENAS box
My switches only allow 2 port aggregation so will have to run a group of VLANS down one LACP and another group of VLANS down the other LACP.

(igb0,1) to 2 ports 1+2 on HP switch both configured at switch as LACP dynamic
(igb2.3) to 2 ports 2+3 on HP switch both configured at switch as LACP dynamic

NOW FOR THE QUESTIONS

The problem I have is not quite understanding how TN deals with this.

I am unsure for the VLAN99 management config how it works. So do I need to create a dumb IP for bge0 first say 10.1.1.1 and then assign VLAN 99 to the interface giving it IP say 10.10.99.100

I have read the documentation and it suggests to leave the GUI this set at dhcp.

I only want my management 10.10.99.100 to be able to access the GUI although I have a feeling this may not be possible as it will always be open to the Datasets and users?

NEXT PART OF THE QUESTION

FOR LACP I have my switch setup and talking to TrueNas, LACP is running ok on both ends, using the Dynamic setting at switch end.
Do I just use a dumb unused IP for the LACP and then add my VLANS to the Lagg?

Regarding WINDOWS SMB SHARES below:
How do I nominate which lagg the user uses, when accessing a DATASET? or is this down to only giving the user the correct IP for that VLAN?

The problem I currently have is the GUI keeps refreshing every couple of minutes leaving the CPU and MEMORY graphical display spinning. I don't lose GUI visually but the menus stop working until I refresh the browser, then I get random reconnection popup.

I suspect it is a LACP configuration issue.

When I physically (pull the cables) disconnect the LACP connections igb0,1,2,3 the problem goes away.

I think its just my understanding of networking isn't up to standard and not so much a TN issue.

Any would help appreciated.