Unable to Start 11.1-U1

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Miceli

Dabbler
I used to have FreeNAS on an older computer, which worked for what I needed it for. I now have a "newer" computer (consumer-grade) that I'm trying to install FreeNAS 11.1-U1 onto.
Searching for various things to see if I could find out what the issue was didn't turn up anything.

I originally tried installing it onto two USB 3.0 flash drives for redundancy, then two USB 2.0 flash drives, and now a 60GB SSD, all trying different methods with the same issue.
It also looks like my computer requires booting via UEFI.

FreeNAS.png

I'm not sure what else to provide that might be helpful, as I don't think there are logs, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Basically, does anyone have any ideas for what I might be missing or should try next?

Thank you!
William

D

dlavigne

Hardware specs? Which utility did you use to write the install image?

William Miceli

Dabbler
Oh right, that'd be useful XD

• Gateway IPISB-VR Motherboard
  • Intel i5-2320
  • 8GB Non-ECC DDR3 1333 MHz (Generic/Mixed)
It's a Gateway DX4860.

I used Rufus 2.18p to write the image ("MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI").

wblock

Documentation Engineer

William Miceli

Dabbler
Just tried using DD Mode, and I get the same screen as pictured above when getting just past the option of "FreeNAS Installer" or the Serial Enabled mode.
When in ISO Mode, I'm able to completely get through the installer and reboot into the drive where FreeNAS was installed to, and then the above pictured screen appears.

Status
Not open for further replies.