Unable to restore Jail from snapshot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick779

Contributor
Hello all,

Ive had a 9.3 box running for the better part of the last year, and so far mostly everything has gone smooth. I had plex running in a standard jail, snapshots taken automatically and reports being emailed nightly to me.

Last week I decided it was time to update Plex. I went into my jail, ran a portupgrade -R plexmediaserver, installed the updates, verified all was working in the gui and moved on.
Last night I tried to watch a movie, lo and behold my Roku cant find the server, I log on to my pc, try to access it from the web console, nothing.

So I ssh into the jail check run a TOP and find the service running but stopped. I try to restart it, it restarts successfully, still cant access it via the web console though. I then notice only 3 processes were running which just seemed wrong. Checked the storage, for some reason the movies share is unmounted and will not stay mounted.

After restarting the jail several times and trying to just stop it nothing seemed to work so I figured I would just roll it back to the last snapshot before the upgrade. Tried to roll back, and nothing (seemed to have) happened. Same symptoms. I was looking through the manual so I could attempt to clone the jail snapshot from before the upgrade but I had trouble finding information about how to do this.

Has anyone experienced symptoms with plex or a jail like this? How to you clone and "mount" a jail in freenas?

Needless to say im just blowing it away and making a new one, but id like to not have to recreate 15gb of indexes again.

Edit: Im assuming theres a bug or something with the current version of Plex, because After around 5 minutes I cant access the direct GUI anymore, but Plex Web can still access it.

Last edited:

nick779

Contributor
Did you come up with a solution for this?

Yeah, not the greatest solution though. I couldnt fix the jail so I ended up blowing it away and starting from scratch again. I later found out that I couldnt connect because I set connection encryption to Forced and apparently HTTPS isnt an encrypted connection to Plex.

Whoops.

Wish there was an easy way to restore jails though. I figured it was as simple as rolling back a snapshot and starting the jail, apparently I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.