I've 'broken' a jail, how the heck do I restore snapshot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diskdiddler

Wizard
Hello,

Long story short. I broke a jail. I'd like to fix it, rather than re-create from scratch.
I've gone into the snapshot manager (I take 1 a day) and I can see my 5 snapshots (great!)
Only one of them has the icon to restore the snapshot, I'm confused.
Snapshot.png
I attempted to recover the snapshot yesterday by clicking the "rollback snapshot" icon. This didn't fix the problem (should I have turned the jail OFF when I did this? I didn't)
It's now a day after, a new "bad" snapshot has been created of my broken jail and my icon to recover the snapshot is missing.

I found an option to CLONE my snapshot but I don't know what to do with my clone?
Clone.png
Sorry, this is probably elementary stuff but I'm baffled. Also, hopefully someone else finds this thread and it helps them.

Keywords for google:
"available actions" "rollback missing" "icon missing" "storage tab"

diskdiddler

Wizard
Well YES! it worked, I deleted 3 "new" snapshots, reverted to yesterday morning about 09:00am, much better.
I do find the implementation quite odd that you can't just revert to any but I do think about it - and perhaps that's most logical. Why not roll back to the most modern working version.

I hope this helps someone else.
So what about the snapshot I cloned out, can I nuke that safely? (second image I posted)

Jailer

Not strong, but bad

diskdiddler

Wizard
Also note: I never broke my jail after all, it broke itself :( I suspect the plugins section of this website will have some posts regarding couchpotato pretty soon

Status
Not open for further replies.