Unable to reinstall Crashplan 3.6.3_1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FNSeeker

Dabbler
Hi,

Question: After several install and uninstall of Crashplan, the installed plugin cannot be turned on.

Symptom: FreeNAS returns the massage: 'Crashplan data did not validate, configure it first' when I turn the plugin on. This also occurred even after a fresh install of 9.2.1.7.

Additional info: It seems as if my last uninstall of Crashplan did not cleanly remove all of its remnants resulting it not wanting to allow the validation.

I know that somebody does not like Crashplan :smile:. But I hope to get some help from anybody.

I have been trying over the last couple of days with Crashplan but without success in the end. Read several help guides (all on 3.5.3_1) but unable to make it to work. In the process, I managed to learn some basic commands of Linux, so not all is wasted. :smile:. Many thanks in advance.

FNSeeker

Dabbler
Solved.
Thanks but I managed to sort it out myself.

Essentially, the Owncloud plugin was NOT cleanly removed by me prior to reinstalling Crashplan. Having removed it completely I was able to reactivate Crashplan.

Thanks again for reading. But I am still keen on hearing anybody who has successfully installed Crashplan 3.6.3_1 under 9.2.1.7.

Cheers

nello

Patron
Solved.
Thanks but I managed to sort it out myself.

Essentially, the Owncloud plugin was NOT cleanly removed by me prior to reinstalling Crashplan. Having removed it completely I was able to reactivate Crashplan.

I'm also having trouble re-installing CrashPlan. I'm not aware of any other Plugin installed, so I can't use your solution.

Any ideas what is hanging up CrashPlan from completely uninstalling?

FNSeeker

Dabbler
Hi,

Essentially I restored FreeNAS to an earlier config prior to Crashplan and was able to overcome the issue. Sorry if this did not give you a direct answer to your query. My knowledge of using Linux CLI is rather basic at this stage to allow me confidence in tackling it behind web GUI.

Lastly, I am not 100@ sure but I personally found with some plugins such as CrashPlan, I had to resist rushing it through between steps. It is as if FreeNAS gets into a 'confused' state from my more confused intention. ;)

On a personal note, I have been working on using Rsync instead, with DeltaCopy on Windows side, instead of CrashPlan.

Cheers.

josecuervo

Dabbler
I'm also having trouble re-installing CrashPlan. I'm not aware of any other Plugin installed, so I can't use your solution.

Any ideas what is hanging up CrashPlan from completely uninstalling?

Did you ever figure it out? I have this problem on a fresh install of FreeNAS.

nello

Patron
Did you ever figure it out? I have this problem on a fresh install of FreeNAS.

It turned out that the installation was working correctly. My problem was that CrashPlan had updated it's software remotely and some configurations were mangled in the process. This seems to happen in every upgrade.

Perhaps your problem is related to the update that ocurred about two weeks ago; here's the fix that worked for me:

https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...now-will-not-connect.35269/page-2#post-215205

Be sure to read the whole thread.

Good luck.

- nello

Status
Not open for further replies.