Unable to ping outside of FreeNAS, but can from jails?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjonm

Dabbler
Hi,

I'm having issues connecting to the outside world from FreeNAS.

I noticed this when trying to check for updates and loading Plugins. I've tried to ping from FreeNAS which fails, but I can ping from within all my jails. I've only just noticed this and don't believe I've changed anything recently.

Any suggestions as to what the issue could be?

Current train: FreeNAS-11-STABLE

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
I'm assuming what you're saying is: "I noticed the FreeNAS doesn't seem to load anything from the WAN (e.g., plugins check), and furthermore, I can't ping anything out in the WAN from the FreeNAS command line. However, when I try to ping things out in the WAN from the jails, it works fine."

If that is correct:

Perhaps you should set a "IPv4 default gateway" in the Network config screen in the GUI. Typically your default gateway would be the IP address of your router. This has an 89% chance of solving the problem.

gjonm

Dabbler
I'm assuming what you're saying is: "I noticed the FreeNAS doesn't seem to load anything from the WAN (e.g., plugins check), and furthermore, I can't ping anything out in the WAN from the FreeNAS command line. However, when I try to ping things out in the WAN from the jails, it works fine."

If that is correct:

Perhaps you should set a "IPv4 default gateway" in the Network config screen in the GUI. Typically your default gateway would be the IP address of your router. This has an 89% chance of solving the problem.
Yes spot on, this is the issue i have! I had previously checked my IPv4 config and this is unchanged, set to my default gateway address. I'm still unable to ping anything out in the WAN from the FreeNAS command line.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
what does this do:

Code:
drill www.google.com

and let me see the output of
Code:
ifconfig
while you're at it

Status
Not open for further replies.