Unable to Complete OS install on VM Since 22.12.4 Release

SupeRaven

Cadet
Since the release of 22.12.4 I've been unable to complete an OS installation on a new VM in TN Scale. At some point during the install, not always the same spot, it appears like the SPICE session loses the keyboard and mouse. I've tried the built-in web client and the Virt-Viewer client and I experience the issue with both. Cycling the VM restores the keyboard and mouse, but I'm assuming that's because the SPICE sessions is killed when the VM dies and a new one started with the reset/re-power.

sfatula

Guru
Did you submit a bug report? From System Settings -> General click on file a ticket. I'm using VMs on 22.12.4.2 (and also used them on .4 as you are), however, mine were created previously so I wouldn't have the same issue necessarily. I've heard of other VM/display issues since that version and can only presume something is indeed wrong.

SupeRaven

Cadet
No, I'll have to do it once I'm near a console again. My older VMs do work just fine and still using NoVNC without issue.

timmicc

Cadet
Since the release of 22.12.4 I've been unable to complete an OS installation on a new VM in TN Scale. At some point during the install, not always the same spot, it appears like the SPICE session loses the keyboard and mouse. I've tried the built-in web client and the Virt-Viewer client and I experience the issue with both. Cycling the VM restores the keyboard and mouse, but I'm assuming that's because the SPICE sessions is killed when the VM dies and a new one started with the reset/re-power.
Same here. New to TN Scale coming from Proxmox. I though I was doing something wrong. I'm glad someone else is having the same issue.

Scott Anderson

Dabbler
Similar issue. I found that refreshing the browser page resulted in being prompted for the Display password again and then the keyboard and mouse would returned. However, I found that keystrokes were not accurate i.e. if you hit 'd' you would end up with 4-5 d's. Not helpful when you're trying to type in a password.

Also, I found that the VM (mint and ubuntu) would log you out the VM's OS lock screen, as though you hadn't typed anything for a while. This could occur while you're typing.

Thankfully I'm only playing around with the VM's, nothing important but I think I'll move back to Proxmox for now and leave TrueNAS for storage which is definitely its sweets pot.