Unable to boot VM install ISO on TrueNAS 12

shellshocked

Cadet
Hi everyone, I have been having some issues creating a VM under TrueNAS 12 fresh install (and previous Freenas version). I have tried this with multiple different OS ISOs (Windows, Ubuntu, Centos) and all seem to have a similar result. The Goal that I have is to run a Windows Server VM for my Blue-Iris security camera software. I have tried 2019, 2016, windows 10, and even XP. The result is all the same. After I create the VM via the web interface ( I have tried all different configurations memory and cpu-wise) and start the VM, I get the press any key screen to boot from the ISO. After pressing a key, the screen loads and then bhyve loses the connection. I have done a fair amount of troubleshooting and I just can't get into the windows installer. I am not sure if it is possible to get any sort of logs because the machine has not yet booted but if it is I have no idea where they would be.

I am hoping that someone on here can shed some light onto my situation and get me pointed in the right direction. Thank you all in advance and if I missed any information please let me know!

kn51

Dabbler
What do you mean by loading? Do you see the text like progress bar when booting server 2019?

shellshocked

Cadet
Yes exactly. It fills the progress bar, then instead of the installer coming up, It gets disconnected.

shellshocked

Cadet
Yes no problems there. I've booted off of a few different ones